About Obenauf Auctions
Our Mission Statement
We will provide the highest level of Professional Auctioneering Services through open, honest, knowledgeable, and friendly conduct. We will deliver EXCELLENCE IN AUCTIONEERING.
Successfully conducting auctions since 1984. We count among our satisfied clients – Over 100 Local Municipalities; Lake, Cook, McHenry and DuPage Counties in Illinois. We are members of the National Auctioneers Association, the Illinois State Auctioneers Association, and the Wisconsin Auctioneers Association. Through these affiliations we have access to other professionals from across the nation and thereby stay informed of the latest laws, prices and trends in marketing.
1. Complete inventory and auction catalog
2. Award winning advertising program including, newspaper ads and our website
3. Setup people to arrange the items for auction
4. Tents, tables and comfort stations are provided where needed as well as a food vendor
5. On-site office trailer complete with computers, copiers, PA system and two-way radios
6. Office staff to register bidders and collect funds
7. Our computerized clerking program provides complete accountability, invoices and settlement
8. The program is used for inventory, catalogs and buyer registration. A remote radio terminal allows immediate data entry from the auction floor up to 2 miles away
9. All weather auction topper
10. Additional auctioneers when needed
Fully Licensed and Insured
1. We are licensed in Illinois, Wisconsin
2. Insured with Liability insurance and Workers Compensation
The Auction Method of Marketing offers the opportunity to convert property into liquid capital quickly, at the best possible price, through competitive bidding. For centuries auctions have been recognized as the fairest and fastest sales method around the world. The power of buying and selling at auction is really very simple.
When the bidding stops and the hammer falls, the value of an item is set. The buyer, not the seller, sets the price. In no other type of selling situation will you see actual fair market value realized on a given day. This simple distinction cuts through all the speculation about what the sellers merchandise is really worth. The emphasis is on today’s auction values.